We are not running away from the topic alright. The question again: What to do when you can't sleep or are bored at late at night? You can't go out to inhale the fresh night air, you have no games in your laptop, and you have no mates to talk to since, obviously, they all had long gone to the dream world (also because that you are in a different time zone). The best solution is, at least for me, is EAT! Yeah.I totally adore eating whenever I'm alone with not much thing to do. From snacks to heavy meals, anything that can be swallowed through my esophagus would be fine. Here I would like to share a simple way of making a very simple sandwich, if you are staying away from home, the common kitchen is closed, or your house/hostel just don't have a kitchen. I am highly recommending this method to the ones who are either lazy or incapable to prepare something complicated.
1) Bread (2 slices are enough, but if you crave for more, please, be my guest)
2) Cheese (open up your fridge and see how many you've got. Usually I used half)
3) Sauce (can be either chili or tomato)
4) Black pepper (to make it tastes slightly better)
5) A plate (to prevent any accidents of sauce spillage to happen)
1) Take the 2 slices of bread and put it on the plate. (WARNING: Do not stack the breads because it will mess up with the subsequent steps)
2) Take off the plastic cover from the cheese that you have bought. Cut it into half (in case that you are in the same boat as mine-saving). Make sure it is symmetry.
3) Put half of the cheese back into the refrigerator.
4) Place the other half on one of the bread carefully.
5) Add some tomato sauce on the same bread as you like. Do not waste a single drop of it. To waste even one drop might cause stir some war in between the members of the room.
6) Grind some black pepper on the same bread as much as you want.
7) Put the other slice of bread on the one cheesed. Again, be careful on doing this. It is actually the trickiest part of the whole process as it must fit the other slice exactly. Failure of doing this can cause a slight change in the taste of the sandwich.
8) Finally, the sandwich is ready. Enjoy your meal while it is still fresh. Do not keep it overnight as it can affect the texture of the cheese.
As you can see here, I am enjoying it with Skittles. Different candies can also be used.
*Eat when you have nothing to do. You need the focus to actually appreciate the taste of it.
*Instructions are to be followed attentively because the slightest mistake can lead to a disaster. Outcome may vary. Happy trying. :)